Wednesday, December 28, 2005

A True Survivor Story

Wednesday, December 14

20 Days til the Release of

BOUND AND DETERMINED


Bound to be beat...
After yesterday's debacle where everything that could go wrong did, I went to bed late still stressing. I woke up at 2:20 am...and never went back to sleep. We've heard forever that people need food, clothing, and shelter to survive. I'm really asking now how sleep got left off that list. How on Earth am I going to stay awake long enough today to accomplish everything?

The list:

1) Moving forward on promotion plan for BOUND AND DETERMINED
2) A full day at the office
3) Child's homework
4) Work on existing manuscript

But Determined to press on!
The good news, I had an extra 4 hours in my day to work on getting the word out about BOUND AND DETERMINED. I sent emails all over the place. Funny how many people wrote back and asked me what I was doing up in the middle of the night.

The day itself was a blur. Like 14 Diet Cokes later, I managed to coordinate some features, contests, and promotions with Fresh Fiction and Romance Designs, answer emails, assist with the child's homework, finish analyzing some documents for work. I did notice by the end of the day that my coherency factor took a nosedive....so no work on the manuscript in progress. Besides insomnia, this time if year wreaks havoc on my productivity. But I am Bound by contract, so I am Determined to get it done. For now, however, I'll call it a day.

Shelley Bradley

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home